Sunday, February 5, 2017

Famous Last Words: Feedback Isn't So Scary After All

I really enjoyed my reading for this week! I chose a series of shorter fables and legends, rather than a long and drawn-out story, which made it much easier for me to take notes and choose which story to change however I wanted. While I did not like how my story turned out quite as much, it was easier for me to write it based on the notes I took during prior and I was able to get into a rhythm with it. I also received good feedback from other students for my story on what I could have done differently, which helped me a lot. Looking back over the week, my best writing was actually in my Humanities of the Modern World class for my paper over the comparison of the Catholic and Protestant Baroque periods and I was proud to receive an A on it.

I really enjoyed exploring my classmate's blogs this week as I searched for stories to comment on for the "WWW" method of feedback. It was actually difficult for me to pick only a couple of stories to comment on because I thought so many of them sounded interesting. I will probably try to do extra readings at some point in the future (when I have a little more time during the week) so that I can explore these stories more. I also really liked the "WWW" method because it helped me take note of what caught my eye during the readings since I don't typically think of suggestions for other people to change in their stories.
(Feedback is Gold by Kevin Engle)

No comments:

Post a Comment