Sunday, April 9, 2017

Famous Last Words: Not Ready to Graduate!

Well, to be honest, I did not really enjoy my reading for this week nor did I like how my story turned out! The source stories were fine but I had trouble imaging plot twists or ways to make the story my own. I had fun actually writing it but it definitely did not seem like my best work nor do I think the readers enjoyed it. I also had great difficulty finding images to use this week, so it was an overall trying week 11 for my story. However, I am having so much fun writing my Storybook and really appreciated the feedback I got this past week on my latest story! I have enjoyed getting to know and expand on Don Quixote's craziness and the modern day news anchors are so much fun to write about. I love that everyone is just silly and incompetent in my Storybook so I have the liberty to add all the funny little thoughts I have while brainstorming. It has been a source of enjoyment for me so far!

I also really enjoyed the Storybooks that I chose to read this week! I had already read one that I was assigned so I read one about the use of Twitter and Tindr to retell the story of Little Red Riding Hood as well as Cupid and Psyche. I loved the images and screenshots that were incorporated and found myself laughing throughout the entire story. It was such a creative idea and I look forward to checking back in later this semester. Another one I enjoyed was a combination of medical stories that made up Grey's Anatomy, which is my favorite show. While writing my feedback, I mentioned several tips for the correct uses of several anatomical and medical terms and how to make them seem more realistic... which made me realize the level of nerd I have reached. But hey, it was fun to write about and share my nerdy knowledge!

I am also currently in denial that the semester is almost over and the fact that I am about to graduate from the greatest university ever... Every time I go to an event, I think about how it is my last time experiencing such fun college things and I get pretty emotional. I'm not really a crier but I've been crying a lot lately at the thought of never seeing so many of my friends again! I like to think that I will keep in touch with many of them, but life happens and things get crazy. So I'm trying to cherish these last few weeks (which is hard with the stress of my capstone quickly approaching) while I can and appreciate all of the wonderful little things that make up OU!

 
(A picture of how I imagine graduation will be... From Indian Intern)

3 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I think as the semester is nearing an end, I too have been finding it hard to motivate myself to be more creative with my stories and writings. I am not graduating until December, but I am very much ready for it to be summer. I have also really enjoyed your storybook on Don Quixote. I think the news cast was very clever and something I never would have thought of. I like how you are thinking about including modern day things into these older stories such as Twitter and Tindr. I really wonder what most of the stories would have been like if they had the things we had today. I feel like they would be super crazy. Anyways, congrats on getting ready to graduate! Most of my friends are, so I am feeling super sad about that happening too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    I completely understand where you are coming from. People keep asking me if I’m ready to graduate and I always say no. They laugh, but I don’t because I’m not kidding. I also think about every event I go to being my last. We just wrapped up Scandals and I thought about how great it was to experience it for one last time, since it’s not guaranteed every group will make it to the show. It just made it all more cherish-able.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact same way now that graduation is so close… I am ready to get out of school but I feel like I will miss it so much eventually. It is crazy thinking that you might never see a lot of your friends ever again because you have spent the past few years so close to so many different people. College has been a great ride but I will miss it.

    ReplyDelete